Tea Biscuits with Country Ham
Write a review
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. country ham slices or about 20 thin slices
- Preheat oven the 450°
- Combine flour, sugar and whipped cream in a bowl until just mixed.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead about 10 times.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2” thickness and cut out the biscuits with a 1 1/2 “ cutter.
- Place the biscuits close together on a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When cooled, slice each biscuit in half and fill with the ham slices, serve warm or room temperature.
- * You can add cheese to these biscuits for a variation or add 1/4 cup of sugar and use them for strawberry shortcake.
- * This recipe calls for using a small cutter so that these are more of a appetizer size but you can use a larger one just as easily.
- * You can use a cast iron biscuit skillet if you like, cast iron always gives great results and is naturally non-stick if properly seasoned.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/