Sweet & Buttery Cornbread
Deliciously sweet and buttery cornbread.
Write a review
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1 stick of butter in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Stir corn muffin and cake mix together in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, and stir.
- Pour batter over melted butter and pour into 9x13 and 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Optional add ins
- 1. Toasted walnuts and dried cranberries
- 2. Cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions
- 3. Diced chilis and cheddar cheese
- 4 Roasted red peppers
- 5. Jalapeños
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/