Seared Ahi Tuna
Delicious blend of flavors on Ahi Tuna Steaks.
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 shallot, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- sesame oil
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) Ahi tuna steaks
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine 1 tablespoon sesame oil, soy sauce, mustard, shallot, honey, and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
- Coat all sides of tuna steaks with mixture and marinade for 1 ½ hour in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a nonstick grill pan or saute pan over high heat.
- Sear tuna steaks on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Sear edges about 30 seconds each (use tongs to hold the tuna on the sides to sear).
- Remove to plate.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/