Salmon Corn Chowder
The yummy flavor of mild fish in a rich buttery broth. Delicious!
Write a review
- 1 lb wild-caught Sockeye Salmon filet, skin and pin bones removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ sweet red pepper, finely diced1
- ½ tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2-3 red skinned potatoes, washed& diced
- 3 cups of corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 qt chicken stock
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- Small container Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place salmon on lightly greased foil-lined pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, Bake until just done, about 12-15 minutes; remove and set aside.
- While salmon is baking, take 1 cup of corn and 1/2 cup of milk and puree in blender; set aside.
- In 2.5 qt pan, add butter, olive oil, onions, celery, red pepper and diced potatoes. Sauté about 5 minutes, then add whole wheat flour, combining well. Add chicken stock, remaining 2 cups of corn, and reserved corn/milk puree. Partially cover pan and cook over medium to medium high heat 15 minutes or until potatoes are done. Add cooked salmon, gently breaking filet with fingers; let simmer another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped chives and Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/