Night Before Praline French Toast
Delicious praline topped french toast prepared the night before, perfect for holidays!
Write a review
- 1 loaf French of Sour Dough bread
- 6-8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Praline Topping, recipe in notes
- Maple syrup
- Slice bread loaf into 1 1/2" slices.
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish, overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, sweetened condensed milk, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/