Mediterranean White Fish with Roasted Red Peppers and Caramelized Onions
A delicious, flaky and flavorful White Fish.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 onions
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 jar roasted peppers (such as Mazzetta)
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets (such as bass, trout, orange roughy)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- pinch sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Caramelize onions as directed below (approximately 20 to 25 minutes).
- Add spinach, roasted red peppers and garlic to caramelized onions; lower heat to simmer.
- Lightly brush fish fillets with grape seed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and panko bread crumbs.
- Place fillets in a foil pouch (not completely covered ).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove packets from oven.
- To serve, top fish with wilted spinach, roasted peppers, garlic, caramelized onions and parmesan.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil, or a mixture of olive oil and butter (about 1 teaspoon per onion).
- Heat the pan on medium high heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Add the onion slices and stir to coat the onions with the oil.
- Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/