Lentil Soup with Spinach
Old world flavor.
Write a review
- 1- 16 oz. bag dried lentils
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 quarts vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese, topping
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- Add 3 tbsp. olive oil, celery, onion, and garlic to 3.5 quart Pareto Stone stockpot.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomorrow paste and sauce 2 minutes more.
- Add water, chicken or vegetable broth, lentils, spices, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium heat, uncovered for 45 minutes adding water if needed.
- Gently stir 4 cups of spinach into lentils and finish cooling an additional 10 minutes (spinach will wilt and cook quickly).
- Remove from heat, serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Soup may be served over rice or pasta.
- This is a great meatless alternative.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/