Lemony Rainbow Trifle
Lemony custard with fresh berries and cake!
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 angel food cake, or pound cake, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- Combine the first 3 ingredients then fold in the whipped topping.
- Toss the cake pieces with the lemon juice.
- Layer 1/3 of the cake pieces, the custard filling, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in a 6 quart trifle bowl.
- Repeat layers with the final layer being the custard and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- ***NOTE : To toast coconut, spread evenly on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, gently stirring every couple of minutes.
- Remove when golden brown.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/