Gorgonzola, Caramelized Onions & Pancetta on Whole Wheat Crust
Tangy, sweet and salty all in one delicious pizza!
Write a review
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups sliced onion (about 3 large onions)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ounce pancetta (Italian-style bacon) or Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Whole Grain Prepared Pizza Crust
- thyme sprigs (optional)
- Prepare the Pizza crust according to directions.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pancetta and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, thyme, salt, and white pepper; cook 25 minutes or until onions are browned, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Brush each prepared pizza crust with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; top each with half of onion mixture. Sprinkle half of cheese over each pizza. Bake at 475 for 9 minutes or until crusts are crisp.
- Cut each pizza into 8 wedges. Garnish with thyme sprigs and sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/