Go Green Lasagna
Tex-Mex brought to life in this recipe!
Write a review
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 2 cups Kale
- Roma tomatoes (sliced)
- ½ cup crushed cashews
- 1 package tofu (soft)
- Fresh chopped herbs Oregano, Basil, Rosemary
- 2 jars Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce
- 2 boxes Whole grain lasagna noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté onion and garlic together until translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and corn, cook until mushrooms give up their liquid (7 minutes).
- Finely chop broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper.
- Finely chop fresh herbs and add to chopped vegetables.
- Add sautéed vegetables to diced vegetables (cool slightly 3-5 minutes).
- Add Kale.
- Drain and break apart tofu into vegetable mixture (think ricotta).
To assemble Lasagna
- Prepare noodles al dente (boil 8 minutes).
- Cover bottom of lasagna pan with a layer of pasta sauce.
- Add a layer of noodles.
- Spread vegetable mixture.
- Top with sliced tomatoes. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes at 400
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with crushed cashews and return to the over for 15 minutes.
- Let lasagna sit for 15 minutes before serving
- This recipe is dedicated to The Bartlett First Responders Monument. With Love, Robin Shea xo
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/