Crunchy Pesto Bread
Write a review
- 1 large loaf Italian style bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients until well combined, spread evenly over the bottom and top of the bread. Put the two sides together and wrap in foil.
- Place directly on the oven rack and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and slice into 1” pieces. Serve immediately.
- Although bread is at its best bought fresh baked, this recipe is just as good using a loaf at the ready in your freezer. Be sure to tightly wrap bread in plastic wrap and then place in a airtight plastic bag to freeze. Thaw frozen bread in it’s wrappers to maintain moisture.
- You can use whole wheat rustic bread and eliminate the cream cheese for a more pared down recipe, this is especially good with and italian vegetable soup or a simple pasta dish.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/