This light and delicious side pairs well with my Orange Grilled Salmon with Chocolate Glaze!
Chocolate Orange Vinaigrette Brown Rice Salad
A delicious blend of contrasting flavors: Sweet yet Savory, Hearty yet Light! Just perfect!
Write a review
- 2 oranges, peeled, sections, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup organic milk
- In a small bowl whisk the orange juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, orange zest and sea salt. Pour dressing over hot cooked rice and mix well. Cover and chill until cold. Just before serving, stir in the spinach leaves, oranges and onion into the rice mixture. Complete with a drizzle of the chocolate sauce.
- Slowly melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth; remove from the heat. In a separate sauce pan bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat, allow milk to cool slightly. Add milk to chocolate and gently stir until smooth and well combined.
- This recipe pairs up perfectly with Orange Grilled Salmon with Chocolate Glaze (they even use the same chocolate sauce!)
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/