Chocolate Ganache Dessert Pizza with Pistachios and Strawberries
All I have to say is YUM!!! What an awesome way to enjoy your 20% Indulgence!
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1/2 pkg. refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tbs. raw sugar
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, roasted and salted
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- On a round cookie sheet, roll out the pie crust round and make a small fold around the edges, pinching together as you go (this will create a small border for the chocolate layer). Brush the entire crust with the egg wash and sprinkle the raw sugar around the edge of the crust. Pierce all over with a fork and bake according to the package directions. Set aside to cool, don’t worry if the crust doesn't bake into a perfect circle, this dessert looks really cool with a more organic shape as well.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small, heavy saucepan, heat the cream to almost scalding, quickly add the vanilla and pour the cream over the chocolate, whisk together until combined. Let the ganache cool for a about 5 minutes, whisking every minute or so. Carefully pour/spread the ganache over the pre- baked pastry crust and immediately sprinkle the pistachios and strawberries evenly over the chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- You can try other taste combinations like macadamia nuts and candied ginger or pecans and candied orange peels. Also try other flavoring extracts such as almond or orange.
- You can use homemade pie crust and form a rectangle shape or mini pie crust for individual servings.
- Don’t walk away while heating the cream, it can burn on you in a flash and then you will have to start over.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/