Broccoli Sunshine Salad
Crisp, slightly sweet, savory and perfect for a hot summer day!
Write a review
- 2 strips thick sliced bacon, cooked crispy & crumbled
- 4 cups broccoli crowns, washed
- ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 fresh clementine oranges, peeled & separated
- 1 small red onion, cut in half & sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp dried ginger
- ¼ tsp zest from clementines
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Combine fresh broccoli crowns, thinly sliced onions, pumpkin seeds, orange segments,and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk together, vinegar, oil, honey, lime juice, ginger, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over broccoli salad and stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, stirring every so often. When ready to serve, stir well as pumpkin seeds tend to drift to the bottom.
- NOTE: If clementines are not available, a 15 oz can of drained mandarin oranges can be substituted.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/