Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam
Write a review
- 1/2 of a frozen box of puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry, no sugar added jam or preserves
- 8 oz round of brie
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 T of water
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 T Honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Spray a shallow pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Lightly roll out the puff pastry sheet and spread out the jam in the center, approximately the same size circle as the brie wheel. Place the brie on top of the jam and wrap the brie fully in the puff pastry, pinching the edges together.
- Carefully turn the brie smooth side up and place in the pie pan.
- Brush the outside with the egg mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, the pastry should be puffy and golden brown. Remove the brie from the oven and let it sit for about 15 minutes, top with the almonds and honey, serve warm.
- *It is best to thaw the pastry overnight in the refrigerator, don’t try to quick thaw it by letting it sit out.
- *You can make this a more savory appetizer by using pesto or chopped olives in place of the jam.
- *Be sure to let the brie cool a bit before cutting into it or all the cheese will run out and leave a pastry shell behind.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/