A delicious indulgent dessert.
Write a review
- 1 can mandarin orange segments drained
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped very small
- 3 oranges, pulp only, skin and pith removed, sectioned
- 1 1/2 cup flaked coconut,unsweetened
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cherries, you can add a little more milk if the mixture seems too stiff or dry. Chill for at least an hour and serve with a cherry on top!
- The technique of removing the pith, skin and membrane from citrus fruits and leaving behind only the pulp sections is referred to as “supreme.” This is achieved by cutting a slice off the top and bottom of the fruit and then with the fruit sitting on a flat surface, cut away the skin and pith in strips. Next, while cradling the fruit in your palm, section away the fruit segments from the membrane with a sharp knife. This is a skill that is very useful in the kitchen and gets easier with practice.
Robin Shea http://www.robinshea.com/